Frequently Asked Questions
GENERAL INFORMATION & FAQ
+ When is RVA Fashion Week held?
- RVAFW events take place during the month of April and our Fall Fashion Weekend events during the month of October.
MODELING AUDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS
+ When are modeling auditions held?
- Model calls are announced through all of our social media outlets and website and generally held 3 months prior to RVAFW events.
+ Do I need prior modeling experience to audition?
- No prior modeling experience is required.
+ Is there a minimum age requirement to audition?
- RVA Fashion Week welcomes ages from high school teenagers to adults.
- All models will be asked to sign a consent form. Signing this form does not grant participation in any RVAFW shows/events.
- All models under the age of 18 will need a parent/guardian with them to both audition and sign the consent form.
+ What is the minimum height requirement?
- All models interested in auditioning for RVAFW must be 5’7" or taller without heels.
+ Are there shoe requirements for the audition?
- Yes. Ladies: Boots, booties, block heels, wedges or heels 3 inches and below are not allowed.
- Gents: Casual shoes and sneakers are not allowed. Dress shoes or Chelsea boots are preferred.
+ What do I bring and wear to the audition?
- We want to see you with no distractions! All models must wear form fitted clothing so that judges are able to easily see your physique. (e.g. gents = t-shirt and jeans, ladies = leggings/jeans and a tank top). Please do not wear hats, head wraps, excessive makeup or jewelry.
You do not need to bring anything with you to audition. Simply arrive photo ready and prepared to walk! Model Comp Cards are not required or needed.
You will be contacted about acceptance into RVAFW via email so please write legibly on your registration form (provided at audition) so that you receive proper notice.
+ Other requirements & information
Space is limited so we ask that you come alone to auditions unless you are under the age of 18.
All models who audition will receive an email letting them know about final decisions after both auditions have concluded. (In the event more than one audition is held).
In the event there is more than one audition, you only need to audition once.
Please note at this time video submissions are not permitted.
FASHION DESIGNER AUDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS
+ When are designer auditions held?
- Designer calls are announced through all of our social media outlets and website and generally held 3 months prior to RVAFW events.
+ What do I need to bring to auditions?
- All designers must be able to produce an original clothing collection.
- Your collection must have at at least 8 complete looks relevant to the upcoming season.
- All designers must bring 5 complete designs from a current or previous collection.
- Designers may bring their own fit model or we can provide one for you.
- Designers must bring an up to date portfolio and any sketches or fabric swatches from the collection you plan to show.
- Please have an up to date website and any social media outlets to provide us a link to.
- Designers must be able to attend all fittings and show days that they are participating in. No exceptions!
- All selected designers will be required to pay a $75 fee to secure their spot as an official RVAFW designer.
+ Other information
- Plus and male designers are welcomed.
- In the event there is more than one audition, you only need to audition once.
- All designers will be contacted about acceptance into RVAFW via email so please write legibly on your registration form (provided at audition) so that you receive proper notice.